I think it was the original owners who put up this paneling but it was my quest to get rid of it. No small task not only did they nail it up every 12 inches they glued it as well. Uggg I thought I would never get all the glue off
Then it was time for a skim coat of plaster. sanding, priming and finally the lovely PAINT. I love what a coat of paint can do to totally change a room.
Next part of the project was changing our little closet into a walk in one. I have NEVER had a walk in closet and I had no idea how much we would LOVE it. We knocked out the little walls on each side of the bi-fold doors, framed in a new closet wall about 4 feet into the bedroom. And you know the rest, There is the drywall, tapping and muddying, sanding and finally the good stuff PAINT. I must say the people who built this closet thought no one would ever want to change it. They put everything together with HUGE nails. All the shelves in the closet needed to be taken out to allow us to add 2 rods. It took me about 4 hours just to get them out and it did leave behind more than one hole to patch. Uggg, so glad we use screws these days.
Our new closets! We love them and now we both have twice as much space as we once had. Our kids think Dan is a bit hoggish about it but really I have as much space as he does.
Dans Rod
My Rod
I found all these rods, cubicles and corner shelving spaces on Craigs list. They fit our closet perfectly and make it so nice to keep things organized. The shoe cubicles that go all the way to the floor, corner unit and then rod space for long things. Behind the door there is tie and belt racks and my jewelry rack.
This stool I had refinished back with the dressers and I love having it in my closet since I have to stand on it to reach any shelf and to hang up Dans clothes on laundry day. No more carting chairs from the kitchen.
We then had new carpet installed, painted the bath and put in a new vanity and sink. I guess I was tired of taking pictures buy then because I don't have any. That project took another week and was not as simple as I thought it would be. Oh the joys of being a homeowner!
Lastly I made a bedspread and curtains for the windows. I still have to hang up pictures and such to make it not seems so sterile. That will happen this week-end (I hope)



No comments:
Post a Comment