With the inauguration over, the stock market still extremely unstable, bank and big companies acting irresponsible and we, the people takng the brunt, here are some thoughts floating through my head these days.
Thanks Pres Bush for all you did accomplish, and there was plenty of great things that have gotten buried. Thanks for doing your best to be moral and to listen to those of us who are conservative. Thanks for standing up against abortion. There really are to many things to name. Thanks for the sleepless nights I know you must have had. For times when despair filled your soul as you contemplated the best course of action.

In America we don't have a lot of so called "Pomp and Circumstance" as in England and a few other countries. So I enjoyed this day, with its Americanized Pomp and Circumstance.

From "The Hat" that made Rachel and I laugh, really laugh, to the beautiful music of Yo-Yo Ma and his quartet..

To my favorite part of all, the Inaugural Parade. I LOVE parades. not just any parade but the really good ones and in my book that means it needs lots of BANDS. This parade was FULL of bands mostly all playing MARCHES, that I love to hear and which brings back memories of parades with my grandparents, parents and then marching to those same great songs as I played my drums for all to hear. Nothing quite fills me up and makes me spill over as a good band playing those great marches of yesteryear.

I am grateful we have a government run by the people where a peaceful, respectful exchange of power can and did happen.

President Obama, learn from the past, listen to all sides and move into the future.
May God bless you and your team.
1 comment:
Thanks for your post. It warmed my heart to read it (especially the funny hat part - what was she thinking?)
Post a Comment