Monday, October 20, 2008

James-o

October 21, 1982
Was a day that changed my life forever. Who could have guessed that this little baby would teach me patience, understanding, forgiveness, unconditional love, and know the true meaning of JOY!
You were a most beautiful little boy and I was THRILLED beyond words when the Doctor announced, "well Mrs Wilson you have a BOY!!"
Through the years you became JAMES and heres to the many facets that make you UNIQUE!
FUN: The song says "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" but in this family James just wants to have FUN! Being outside doing anything always made you happy.

Playing with the BOYS and it was a given, you were in heaven in the sandbox!

Food was always FUN and you loved being with family,reunions and trips to Utah. By the time you were 10 you loved competing with dad, what ever you were doing, climbing the fastest, carrying the heaviest pack, blowing out the candles, it didn't matter what, only that you WON.
INTELLIGENT: Need I say more...OK I will. You loved school, mostly the extra stuff from Olympics of the mind, to participating in many drama productions at BHS.

To winning competitions selling Gold C books and culminating in Graduation with HONORS!

SCOUTS: You loved scouts and even though I don't have a pic you are an EAGLE and you loved your time at Philmont.
ACTIVITIES: Whether it be Volleyball with the ward, basketball, or those dreaded piano lessons you were always busy. Probably my favorite was watching an amazing young man dance and listening to you sing.
BIKES: I think we should have padded you in a fluffy suit when ever you went out to ride or perhaps never given you a bike in the first place. However the joy you had riding your bike far out weighed the injuries that occurred.

ADVENTURE: Should have been your middle name. There is nothing you wouldn't try from
SKYDIVING

Many long CC ski trips, breathing taking sledding,

climbing many mountains and exploring caves.
.
Jumping from high places, (this activity must be done when mothers are not around)rock climbing and sitting on alligators. We never knew what you would do next.
GIVING: Early on you loved to do for others, helping us bottle peaches and your favorite was coming home from kindergarten and holding Rachel while I fixed lunch.
There was one time I was sick, when you came home you told me to stay in bed and you would take of lunch and the twinks. Next thing I knew you had everyone eating Mac & Cheese and peanut butter sandwiches. You even brought me lunch in bed.

Many trips to plant flowers at the temple, helping at Special Olympics, helping dad take scouts on trips and 2 years serving the people of the Ventura California Mission.
Giving back to the world by building trails in Dinosaur National park for 6 weeks.
If I needed something, I could always depend on you.

JOBS: You always had a job from FUN SERVICES, to life guarding, teaching swim lessons, driving the van for the Olympics and big busses in Alaska.

You introduced us to, and married a most amazing young lady, Michelle Dollinger.

THANKS FOR ALL YOU TAUGHT US (FYI your assigned color is red)
We love you and are blessed to have you in our lives.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Are all you Wilson kids born in September and October? Feels like it. Man you kids are getting old. Happy Birthday, James!

Hey LaVon, what's with the assigned color?