Saturday, March 28, 2009

the 1950's Have Been Erradicated

Yippee it is DONE!!! 9 days, 12-17 hours per day and I couldn't be happier (I think)
I love 7 matching door knobs instead of none the same shape, or color and these all WORK. Such a high expectation of a simple door knob. I replaced the kids pictures that I love with these cross stitch that I also love, but I find myself longing to look at those cute pictures, SOoo maybe this wall will have to revert back to the original, just updated.
This is how this wall looked starting out--4 layers of wallpaper gone

The wall was so badly damaged I had to put a skim coat of mud to fill in all the imperfections and there were loads. After a good sanding I was pleased to find this wall as smooth as a babies butt. Next came priming it and finally 2 coats of paint. I love it! Then the fun part of putting up this decoration I had seen in my head and been collecting pieces for over a year. I think I like this wall a lot.
The pictures of Christ are from a calendar that I send Stacy while on her mission, when she came home she threw it away. Well I dug it out of the trash knowing that someday I could find a great way to use the pictures. The rod I bought at a cute place in Utah called Iron Works for $5.00. The hangers were on clearance at JoAnns for $2.50. I gutted them out and put in more pictures from the calendar. The with $8.00 worth of spray paint I reclaimed some old 5x7 frames from storage for the pictures and hooks. Rachel found this great quote for me when in Utah last week for $7.50. (we can't adhere it until the paint cures for 3 weeks, thus the taping on the wall) Then another $2.00 for a spool of ribbon and altogether this great project cost me $25.00 and I like that part A LOT

I replaced our very old and slightly broken one it still worked but the glass shades were super glued together with this much softer new one.
This desk and fridge area were out of control with PAPER and PAPER and more PAPER. After much thought this is what I did to control the paper clutter. Fridge: everything came down, no more ward lists,calendars, wedding announcements, gym schedules, VT lists and it goes on and on and on. My fridge truly was a MESS and the desk was in close second place. With a wire file holder in place to hold all those lists, calendars and such, the bulletin board for wedding announcements, now the piles are gone. I dug out some magnetic picture frames that I made collages of Andrew and Peyton for the fridge and that cleaned up the 20 magnets holding up all those cute pictures.

I have had these pictures for years and I couldn't stand to part with them, they all give me something to think about when I am having a pity party. I reclaimed this cute holder my mom gave me many years and and it now holds the cameras, i pod, dry erase markers and reading glasses of all strengths.

The window area in the kitchen drives me crazy. It seems to be a catch all for meds, and other odd items and is always a disaster. Thankfully with no boys at home doing the dishes the window stays fairly clean as they are not tossing the dishrag from the dining room after wiping the table and trying to get it to land in the sink. Fortunately it mostly did land in the sink however the sink was usually full of water and yukky dishes so much of that splashed onto the windows. So my goal is to keep the window sill free all stuff except what you see here. The final touch was this great quote that Rachel brought back from Utah, (she brought me lots of great quotes which i really like, THANKS RACH)

At the end and beginning of each day this herb heat bag was my friend. My thighs and shoulders have been on fire for 8 straight days and this brought me some relief. However it was a sad day when the microwave wigged out and burnt a hole in my beloved bag. However a little time spent on a good friend patched things up and it is back to relieving the pain my shoulders and thighs.
Now I think I should spend time working on wedding plans for a great couple that we love.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Wow. You've been busy. No wonder you didn't have any steam for the gym. I will give you a few days to recover. Then I'll start bugging you again. And yes, wedding plans are probably a good thing to start working on. Can I help?

Hatch's said...

I just can't believe it. It all looks so great. I love the quotes you put up too! Great job!

Kimmy said...

wow, it looks beautiful! great job!!!

Kimmy said...

LaVon,
I was wondering if you have Alan's new address. I got him and Michele a present, and don't know where to send it. Thanks! Hope youre doing well.
love kim