Saturday, March 28, 2009

Winter Winter Winter

Winter finally arrived in Broomfield and it was great. Thursday morning we got up at 5 am and there was not a hint of moisture of any kind, anywhere. We thought, maybe it will still come. Dan headed out to work and I started one of the last things in our re-do of the kitchen/dining room the floor, (ugg) By 7am it was snowing lightly, very lightly and then all the sudden we went from absolutely nothing to 8 inches on the ground by 11am. Then the wind started howling and the drifting began. I truly love to hunker down and watch a blizzard, they absolutely mesmerizer me.
I started out to DIA at 8:15am to pick up Rachel but gave up. Dan took over in the 4 wheel drive Durango. I-36 was a disaster, as was all of Boulder. Finally after having the road he was driving on closed and re-routed a different way not once but twice, he made it to the tollway and was happy to pay their highway robbery tolls. Rachel was on one of the last planes in or out that day and we are so thankful she just happen to chose an early departure from SLC. They made it back to Broomfield about noon. We had missed them and were glad to have them home.

Friday the snow stopped early that morning, the final official total was a whopping 16.5 inches. By 9am Dan went out to shovel, Rachel and Peyton to play and I decided it was just a wasil sort of day.

No comments: