So we started the massive task last June, as in June 2008. Clint had big dreams for this yard, and great ideas he did have. The first one being to rip out the Junipers and the rest is history.
Thanks to all who have lent a hand. Its looking pretty darn nice.
THE WORK CREW
CLINT The main force behind this massive undertaking.
THE TWINKS: Really detest this rock shaking party
THE TWINKS: Really detest this rock shaking party
The reluctant and very helpful FATHER, PEYTON our source of entertainment esp when Opa is walking her around explaining all the nuances of this project
TROY, we couldn't have put this yard together with him. STACY is thinking I HATE DIRT!!! And me, who helped a lot but just can't work like Dan, Clint and Troy.
I did keep the food and cool drinks coming however.
Part One: Northeast corner
I did keep the food and cool drinks coming however.
Part One: Northeast corner
The beginning July 2008. Bushes come down, fence is power washed and re-stained and
treated. The stumps come out. How can the summer be over and we still have so much to do here.
treated. The stumps come out. How can the summer be over and we still have so much to do here.
The newly improved corner. We formed and poured 60 feet of concrete edging and planted lots of green stuff. Some of the plants look a little shocked from their transplant experience, but they are looking better. We now have in place of 4 ugly junipers, 2 clumps of Shasta Daisy's, 8 Day Lillis, 5 Nine bark bushes, 3 Purple Spireas, 2 May Night Sage, and several others I didn't catch their names, they were free, so we were happy. When everything matures in a couple of years this will be beautiful (I hope)
Stay turned for Part Two,
I know it is almost to much to take in all at once so I'll space it out a bit.
1 comment:
I think the best work is providing the drinks, personally.
Post a Comment